As of 1 August 2018 Moodle by Moodlecloud is our chief means of communication between staff and students and their parents.
The WAMPSP directors (Dr Hoffman and Ms Reynolds) and the teachers on the program use the Parent Information Moodle to let parents know important information. All parents will be given membership of this Moodle page and it may be the only source of critical information such as emergency class cancellations. We will use Moodle to send out emails to parents.
The WAMPSP teachers may use their class Moodle page to summarise each week’s lesson and to give students access to necessary resources.
Hence, all enrolled students have been given membership to the Moodle page relevant to their class, using the student email provided upon enrolment in the WAMPSP. In 2018, these Moodles are:
- Primary 1 4:00 Tuesday (Dr Hoffman’s class)
- Primary 2 5:00 Tuesday (Miss Berry’s class)
- Junior 1 4:00 Tuesday (Dr Hoffman’s class)
- Junior 2 5:00 Tuesday (Miss Berry’s class)
- Euler - both 4:00 and 5:00 Wednesday classes (Mr Cirillo’s classes)
- Gauss 5:00 Thursday (Ms Reynolds’ class)
- Noether 4:00 Thursday (Dr Hoffman’s class)
Students in the Primary and Junior are permitted to use their parent’s email as their student email and we will use this to add them to join their class Moodle. All students in year 8 or older are required to have their own Moodle membership and, hence their own email addresses. Their school provided email addresses are preferred.